Ro wanted ice cream too
This baby is such a sweetheart! Look at that grin!
Cows
Last week Zach and I took a wonderful kid free trip to the lake with some friends. It was so much fun to get away and have no responsibilities for 5 days. And yes, Im still exclusivly nursing Ro- I had enough milk frozen for the trip and pumped while we were gone- gotta love dragging a breast pump everywhere you go. We had pretty good weather with only one Thunderstorm- we sat out under the covered boat dock and watched it roll in. Last year we had such a bad storm that we lost power, and we lost power during the storm again this year. Most of the time the weather was great. We had an awesome dinner one night (did I mention no kids!!) way up on a hill overlooking the lake and had drinks and watched the sunset- it was perfection. But when it was time to go home, I was beyond ready to see the boys, and they were both so happy to see us! They had a blast staying with Nanna and grandpa, they took them to the fair AND to adventurland! Sawyer even rode the big log ride and love it- what a stud!
After we got home Zach and I decided that we wanted to take the kids to the fair too, so Tuesday afternoon we spent a few hours at the fair. The kids both had a ton of fun. We hit every animal barn. Sawyer especially loved the pigs, ducks, chickens and the big bull. The petting zoo was a huge hit with Sawyer again this year. He fed all the animals but he loved the goats again this year because I swear those goats are ALWAYS hungry! Sawyer's favorite part of all was getting to ride the big slide. He talked about it the whole time we were there! We also met the fair queen- she came up and wanted to take a picture with Sawyer- he is a lady killer.
We spent pretty much the rest of our week at the pool because this was the last week it is open- which I find totally depressing. I adore summer- even when it is unbearably cold outside I still love summer. I never will be one of those people who looks forward to fall, and school. Each year I am still happy that I don't have to go back to school and I am totally sad thinking about my boys leaving me someday to go to school everyday. The pool was wonderful- its wild to think that next year both boys will be able to swim!
We spent pretty much the rest of our week at the pool because this was the last week it is open- which I find totally depressing. I adore summer- even when it is unbearably cold outside I still love summer. I never will be one of those people who looks forward to fall, and school. Each year I am still happy that I don't have to go back to school and I am totally sad thinking about my boys leaving me someday to go to school everyday. The pool was wonderful- its wild to think that next year both boys will be able to swim!
Look at Soy's expression in the pic with the Queen - he looks like he thinks she is a total babe! Hilarious!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love fall and back to school and, best of all, back to school shopping! I miss fall - it will be 80 until Halloween here :(